***** Holiday cottage with hotel service !
A beautiful completely renovated old farmhouse with 8 cozy double rooms with private bathroom and private terrace. The common places have a big shared living room with tv, 2 big tables, outside terrace, BBQ, fully equipped kitchen and a mezzanine with meeting facilities. The cottage also has a secured bike storage and bike wash facilities.
Each morning an extensive breakfast is included and during the evening dinner is prepared.
You find yourself in the heart of Flanders and its cycling culture. Mythical climbs like Koppenberg, Kwaremont, Paterberg, Kemmelberg or Muur are all within easy reach and suited for all levels. At 50m you find yourself on the top of the ‘Korte Keer’ one of the climbs early on during the Ronde.
Along the route you find plenty of cycling bars and terraces to enjoy a coffee in the sun – it never rains in Flanders 😉
This trip is available for all levels from beginners and intermediate cyclists to more advanced types of riders in order to let you taste Flanders cycling heritage at its best.
distance : between 65 and +100km
altitude gain : between 600 and 1190m
cyclists : intermediate; average 23 à 25km/h – plenty of possibilities for photo and or coffee stops.
Arrival day in our Holiday Cottage for the weekend; check-in.
Short drive to Oudenaarde for the guests arriving early where we can visit the Ronde van Vlaanderen museum.
Dinner in the cottage.
Buffet Breakfast in the cottage.
Start of the final 65 or 100 km of the classic Ronde van Vlaanderen. We tackle some of the famous Bergs/hills that can be found in the final of the ‘Ronde’ like Taaienberg, Hotond, Kwaremont, Paterberg and the grueling Koppenberg. Along the route we have some time to take a coffee or have a small snack.
Après bike possibilities in the cottage with local cycling beers and snacks + presentation of the new Souplesse winter kit
distance: +/-65 km à 100 km
altitude gain: +/-1000 à 1250
Buffet breakfast in the cottage
Today we tackle the iconic Muur of Geraardsbergen, a legend in cycling featured in the Ronde but also in the Tour de France of 2019.
After the Muur we enjoy a coffee in a cycling café, home to the official supporters club of Remco Evenepoel, at the foot of the Muur.
Lunch in the cycling café of the Ronde van Vlaanderen in Oudenaarde or après bike in the cottage with local cycling beers + snacks
Dinner at leisure in Oudenaarde
distance : +/-75 km
altitude gain: +/-700m
Buffet breakfast in the cottage. Check out. Today is a mostly flat ride to one of the most beautiful cities of Belgium; Gent. We stop in a cycling bar in the historic center of town. We can easily cycle in the city center and admire the Belfry and Cathedral. Back to Oudenaarde to pick up our luggage and say goodbye to this beautiful cycling region.
distance: +/-80 km
altitude gain: +/-250m
– 3 nights in a 5* cottage in the heart of Ronde area. Clients stay in a double room with twin beds + private bathroom
– 3 x buffet breakfast
– 1 x BBQ! Veggie option possible + dessert
– 1 x pasta evening (meat, fish and veggie) + dessert
– 1 x luxe Paella evening + dessert
– Water and wine during dinners
– Meet & greet upon arrival with local guide and Souplesse rider + 3 guided tours (Ronde, Muur and Coffee Ride Ghent)
– Souplesse shirt
– Entrance ticket to the Ronde van Vlaanderen museum in Oudenaarde
– Meeting and presentation facilities in the cottage
– 24/7 assistance of your local guide; on the spot
– Water to fill the drinking bottles + Secured bike storage + Bike wash
– final cleaning of the house at the end of the weekend
– Transport to the destination
– Transfer from airport to the hotel and back (possible through our services)
– Carbon rental bikes (Specialized Roubaix or Ridley Fenix SL)
– Lunch / energy bars and gels
– Drinks during coffee stops or during après-bike
– Drinks in the cottage in the afternoon, evening except during dinner (water and wine included)
– Non-mentioned activities
– Local city tax to be paid at the reception of the hotel upon arrival (+/-1€ pp/night subject to change)